We said goodbye to Tesa this month. A routine vet appointment turned into a major decision. Turns out, Tesa's congenital heart failure was pretty advanced and she was literally drowning from fluid in her lungs (I thought she was coughing from allergies). The vet explained that, without medication, she has only hours to live. It was a rough afternoon. We decided that we didn't want to just keep her alive for our own comfort. She had lived a good life and if it was time, that was okay. But, I knew the kids would need some time to say goodbye. So, we got some medication to keep her alive for a week so we could make arrangements.
I will never forget going to the vet a few days later with Aiden and Taylor. I bathed her and put her in the car. Sweet Tesa had no idea was what coming and watching her slip away was surprisingly awful. Coming home to an empty house has been hard. We all miss her. I have hung her collar on the pegs in the kitchen. Not sure what to do with it but I knew I didn't want to throw it away.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment